Supports all major media players, including full Spotify (thanks to .raptor for the Spotify plugin) and Google Play Music Desktop Player (thanks to tjhrulz for his plugin) support.
Windows 7 or higher.
Rainmeter 4.0 (r2746) or higher.
- Live visualization of the audio output
- Customizable colors and fonts
- Genre-based colors (AIMP, CAD, iTunes, WMP and Winamp)
- Cover-based colors (All supported players)
- Support for all major media players
- Full Spotify support
- Full Google Play Music Desktop Player support
- Media controls & progress bar
- Settings skin for easier customization/configuration
- Hide skin when media player is not running
You need the newest version of Rainmeter Beta installed (4.0 (r2746) or newer)!
This skin is not supported on Windows XP and Vista!
Due to limitations of Rainmeter/the plugin used for the visualization the complete audio output of your system will be shown on the visualizer. For the best experience only play music. This is something I can’t fix.
Please report bugs and feature requests on Github, not in the comment section!
- General performance improvements (up to 5-10% less CPU usage on the settings skins)
- Updated Google Play Music Desktop Player Plugin (github.com/tjhrulz/GPMDP-Plugi…) to 1.3.1
- Updated Mouse.dll Plugin (github.com/NighthawkSLO/Mouse.…) to 3.2.0
- Changed text color of position and duration to keep consistent with the player controls
- Fixed encoding issue on rotation title (the degrees symbol would be replaced by random characters)
- Fixed mediaplayer selection not showing selection when pressed
- Added option to rotate visualizer
- Added audio device manager
- Added option to enable a border around text to make it more visible to read
- Added missing credit in the files
- Changed settings skin to be easier to use
- Changed folder structure to be much cleaner
- Fixed broken Auto-Hide on Spotify
- Fixed right-aligned song information to be cut-off
- Some smaller general cleanup stuff and improvements
- Updated SpotifyPlugin to 184.108.40.206
- Updated GPMDPPlugin to 1.2.0
- Fixed scaling issue with song controls.
- Fixed alignment issue on right-sided song information.
- Added option to clip song information to fit under the visualizer.
- Improved background performance by around 30%
- Replaced VLC player support with CAD support (VLC is no longer supported by Rainmeter)
- Reduced sensitivity to 35 (this is the best value for most systems)
- Added Google Play Music Desktop Player support
- Added option to automatically hide skin when no media player is running
- Added dynamic font coloringAdded progress bar
- Modified code to be more modular (allows for easier addition of new features)
- Modified song informations to split up cover and song meta data (this makes it possible to move the cover independently and align the song information to the right)
- Fixed issue with Dynamic Genre Color not working propertly
- Fixed issue with scaling variables accepting unsanitized inputs which resulted in high CPU usage
- Changed LICENCE from Creative Commons to MIT
Many thanks to tjhrulz (github.com/tjhrulz/GPMDP-Plugi…) for helping me implementing his plugin to the visualizer!
- Updated Spotify Plugin to 220.127.116.11 (this fixes a lot issues with Spotify)
- Replaced static config name in the skins with an built-in variable (this allows easier use of multiple copies of the skin)
- Fixed small typos and errors
- Tweaked audio visualization
- Dynamic cover colors, change color from album art
- Changed Scale variable to two independent ones for Visualizer and Song Information
- Readded spotify media controls
- Fixed string clipping (text cutting off, overflowing size)
- Huge performance improvements (from 5-10% to 0-2%)
- Built-in settings skin
- Added variable to flip the spectrum.
- Fixed overflowing text by dynamically scaling the width of the text.
- Added installer for easier set-up
- Removed song information from visualizer skin and made it a own skin (better placement).
- Updated to newest Spotify plugin for compability.
- Simplyfied genre detection by replacing Substitute with IfMatch (much easier to modify and to detect genres)
- Fixed background toggle.
- Fixed that the cover would not hide on the normal skin, even with HideTrackInformations set to 2 (thanks to Mayooonaise)
- Added Spotify support (thanks to .raptor for the Spotify plugin)
- Genre-based colors (only supported on Rainmeter 3.3 and higher)
- Optimized skin and code (much cleaner and better performing code)
- Reduced file size by deleting Roboto font.
- Improved text clipping.
- Removed progress bar (too many bugs with the scaling option)
- Added variable to scale the skin.
- Added variables to disable/enable track informations and the progress bar.
- Added media controls (alternative skin without media controls included).
- Added a quick menu for easy access to the variables. (Right-Click on the skin -> "Open variables" to open)
- Added an optional background for better visibility on brighter wallpapers. (Right-Click on the Visualizer -> "Toggle Background" to enable it)
- Added dynamic text clipping to artist and title.
- Added detailed informations to the variables file for easier installation/customization.
- Changed fonts to Nexa Bold/Light (thanks to RekaVM on DeviantArt).
- Tweaked the spectrum settings for an overall smoother look.
- Reduced overall performance of the skin.
- First release
Rainmeter Skin - MarcoPixel
AudioLevel Plugin (visualizer) - dgrace from the Rainmeter Forums
Spotify Plugin - .raptor from the Rainmeter Forums
Google Play Music Desktop Player Plugin - tjhrulz
Nexa Font - FontFabric (thanks to RekaVM for showing me the fonts)
Media controls icons - Material Design icons by Google (github.com/google/material-des…)
Monstercat 5 Year Anniversary Artwork - Monstercat
Wallpaper - bo0xVn (bo0xvn.deviantart.com/art/46-V…)
Thanks to undefinist for letting me use his factory code (made everything so much easier and cleaner)
For bringing awesome music and artists to the community - Monstercat <3
Disclaimer: The resources used in this skin are in no way endorsed by the respective owners. This skin is not affiliated with Monstercat and the artists.
TL;DR 60 fps visualizer looks choppy on a 144 hz display.
Quick thing though, is there any SoundCloud Support?
I can't seem to find any option that enables it, nor does it work whenever I use SoundCloud on the browser.
It would be awesome if SC support is added sometime.
So everytime I change a wallpaper/theme, I have to adjust the visualizer's settings.
Just an idea for the future
- Added variable to flip the spectrum."
Where is this variable now in 1.7.1? I can't find it in variables.ini or visualizer.ini. Your Github page and wiki couldn't help me to solve this.
In previous versions it was "flip=1" for all the single bars, but it seems there has been a bigger change since them.
It's useful when you rotate the bar at 180° (when it's upside down) to maintain the order "low frequencies on the left and highs on the right".
Thanks for the visualizer, it's pretty cool to tweak every setting in one extra window instead of several .inis
1) How to i change the settings of the visualiser because the sliders wont move. i tried to reinstall but no improvement, Please help. Even without the ability to change it, the visualiser is pretty awesome and accurate, Amazing job mate
Im on Windows 10
Edit: Loading visualizer.ini creates the leak.
To fix your problem, add |Happy\sHardcore as shown below:
; Hard Dance
IfMatchAction10=[!SetVariable GenreColor "#HardDance#"]
That's should fix it.
Added option to rotate visualizer
Added audio device manger
Added option to enable a border around text to make it more visible to read
Added missing credit in the files
Changed settings skin to be easier to use
Changed folder structure to be much cleaner
Fixed broken Auto-Hide on Spotify
Fixed right-aligned song information to be cut-off
Some smaller general cleanup stuff and improvements
I hope you guys like the newest version and if you have any issues or feedback to what to change, please open up a new issue at github so i can keep track of all the stuff.
The style should apply in Song Information/Left.ini or Song Information/Right.ini.
You should add StringEffect=Shadow after ClipString=2. Mine work well.
But the shadow effect didn't work well as desired.
Link to the file here.
You should set FFTSize to >6000 to make it more better, but it'll make some PCs a bit laggy. Powerful computer is recommended. Mine is 1.67 GHz with 2 GB RAM, and it's fine but a bit laggy at some circumstances.
I just make it for BarCount: 64 and below only 'cuz... I dunno? What dya thinkin?
If you prefer from what I did, then... enjoy! Or if you prefer the default one, it okay.
Credit to me, due to my first time working so hard on this thing. Urgh. Feel free to comment and support anything on what I did.
Oh, one more thing.
You should copy and paste this on the top of Style settings in variables.ini then, otherwise it'll not working well.
; Spectrum multiplier settings
; Spectrum multiplier makes the bar sharper, 'blunter' or aftermath.
; This multipliers also makes the bar higher or lower and affect the quality and performance of the bars.
; Leaving a null value on any of the multipliers make the bars invisible (error will occured but still running). So, null value must be filled with 0 or above.
; More multipliers load more cpu usage. If you got an old pc, just simply replace 0 to the rest of the multipliers beside multi1 and multi2.
; Best kept at default values.
; Default: multi1=150, multi2=30, multi3=10, multi4=5, multi5=2.5, multi6=2
; Spectrum limiter setting
; Here where the bars can be reach or limit the specified signals.
; Setting the value to 0 will make the bars go dissapear, simply put, infinity value.
; Better to untouched it.
; Default: (#multi1#+#multi2#*2+#multi3#*2+#multi4#*2+#multi5#*2+#multi6#*2)
But it is cutting off one bar on the far left for some reason.
This can be fixed by making the count in MeasureAudioSmoothed.inc start at 0, rather than 1.
You should add something a bit in visualizer.ini under [ScriptFactoryBars]:
[This happened since ver. 1.3]
That's should fix it. Thanks.
A smoother, more accurate progression bar would be awesome if possible.
Is there a way I can turn the visualizer 90 degrees?
I've made a few simple and easy rainmeter setups myself, but this is kind of out of my league, so I was wondering if you could help me out.
I DJ and would like for it to recognize VirtualDJ as a little extra to look at during my livestreams...
Unfortunately not really. Unless VirtualDJ has an API to get song info and controls for it it will never happen, and even if it does someone would need to make a plugin for rainmeter for it to be able to interface with it.
can u make the switcher skin instead of open the settings menu? I want to put it next to the album art. thanks