Supports all major media players, including full Spotify (thanks to .raptor for the Spotify plugin) and Google Play Music Desktop Player (thanks to tjhrulz for his plugin) support.
Windows 7 or higher.
Rainmeter 4.2 Beta (r3074) or higher.
- Live visualization of the audio output
- Customizable colors and fonts
- Genre-based colors (AIMP, CAD, iTunes, WMP and Winamp)
- Cover-based colors (All supported players)
- Support for all major media players
- Full Spotify (Desktop & Web Player) support
- Full Google Play Music Desktop Player & Web Player support
- Full Youtube, Soundcloud, and other web music players support
- Media controls & progress bar
- Settings skin for easier customization/configuration
- Hide skin when media player is not running
You need the newest version of Rainmeter Beta installed (4.2 (r3074) or newer)!
This skin is not supported on Windows XP and Vista!
Due to limitations of Rainmeter/the plugin used for the visualization the complete audio output of your system will be shown on the visualizer. For the best experience only play music. This is something I can’t fix.
Please report bugs and feature requests on Github, not in the comment section!
Disclaimer: The resources used in this skin are in no way endorsed by the respective owners. This skin is not affiliated with Monstercat and the artists.
see the quieter bars
INFO: This update requires the Rainmeter 4.2 Beta (r3074)
This update includes the biggest rewrite i've made for this skin yet and such includes a lot of under-the-hood improvements which improved performance and also made development much easier.
Since the start of this project back in October 2014 i've never thought that this will become the currently most viewed Rainmeter skin on DeviantArt with ~1 million views and around 250k downloads on Github (since Jan 2017).
This is insane and i really want to thank you guys for your support, keep on being awesome
So here's the changelog:
Completely rewrote the skin from the ground up (using latest Rainmeter features)
Tweaked audio visualization (much better audio smoothing + new multiplier value to increase size)
Improved visualizer performance (0-0.5% CPU on a i5-3570k)
Improved skin width calculations (this is especially useful for rotation & progress bar)
Added update checker (you will get a small notification when a new update hits Github)
Added auto detection of the default audio device
Updated SpotifyPlugin & WebNowPlaying plugins
In the manager, go to : monstercat-visualizer>Song Information> Cover> left/right (either one)
and at the bottom two lines "paragraphs?" there should be :
..(some more stuff)..
What you want to do is just switch the MeterTrack and MeterArtist on both lines, if you get what I mean? I just wanted to do this and wanted to save someone the small little hassle to figure out how ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
so you just want to switch the Artist and track around... lol, whatever
PlayerName=Spotify to change it to PlayerName=SpotifyNowPlaying
Solves the problem with buttons
- Maybe an option to dynamically adjust the sensitivity of the visualizer to match the music output. I notice that quieter parts of a song show up much more loudly on the visualizer, while drops seem to be a little quieter. Perhaps adding an option to make parts of the song with more output show up more dramatically on the visualizer would help remedy this.
- Options in the settings skin to change the fonts used and the letter spacing/tracking. By configuring the variables.ini file I was able to set the fonts used to Gotham Bold and Gotham Book (these are what Monstercat uses) but I noticed that the tracking of the font is much larger than usual. Being able to adjust this would help to make the visualizer much more accurate, while also making it possible to fit more song info into the visualizer.
- An option to change how song metadata is fetched. When using WebNowPlaying, most song titles end up being repeated, because a lot of accounts on Youtube/Soundcloud include their names in the video/song title. A good way to fix this might be to add an option to use just the song title for song info, and use the first hyphen to separate the artist name and song name. I don't know if this is possible without an update to the WebNowPlaying extension, however.
Great work on this skin nonetheless, it is phenomenally accurate with the right adjustments!
(And, if anyone's wondering, Monstercat's visualizer uses 63 bars. Each bar is 18 pixels wide, with a 7-pixel gap between them. The maximum visualizer height is 378 pixels. I'd recommend setting a screenshot of a Monstercat video as your wallpaper to help with positioning.)
Newest Spotify Plugin is installed.
Is there anything I can do to fix it?
Apart from that, it is a GREAT piece of addon.